Whether you are looking to buy a house in Alpine, Bergenfield, Cliffside Park, Closter, Cresskill, Demarest, Englewood, Englewood Cliffs, Fair Lawn, Fort Lee, Teaneck, Tenafly, or anywhere else in Bergen County, your search for a dream home should be an exciting and highly satisfying experience. At times, however, it can become a stressful and drawn out process that can leave you feeling like you will never find the perfect house for you. Working with the right Bergen County Realtor can greatly increase your chances of finding your dream home quickly and will make the purchase of that home as straight-forward and as stress-free as possible.
Many buyers rely on their Realtors primarily for showing them all available properties that meet their particular specifications. Buyers often assume that they need to do a good deal of the leg-work to find the right home and that they will need to navigate the transaction process largely on their own. This approach represents an unfortunate underutilization of the skills, tools and resources of expert Realtors who specialize and excel in residential buyer representation.
A Realtor should work proactively on your behalf and should provide support and guidance throughout the process of buying a home. In addition to showing you available inventory in Englewood, Tenafly, Teaneck, or any other town in Bergen County, you can, and should, expect your Realtor to perform many other tasks on your behalf, including:
- Conducting an initial meeting with you and drafting an in-depth needs analysis based on the goals you set at that meeting.
- Custom-tailoring your home search and explaining, in detail, the entire home buying process.
- Providing you with a comprehensive inventory of available homes, as well as an extensive listing of properties recently sold.
- Offering you neighborhood and tax data, school reports, street maps, transportation information, and directory of other professionals and services you may need.
- Help selling your current home (if applicable).
- Maintaining, at all times, a high-quality level of client communication – keeping you abreast of new listings that come to market that meet your specifications and taking you out to see the properties that interest you in a timely manner.
- Helping you identify potential pitfalls of any prospective home purchase.
- Negotiating on your behalf and procuring the lowest price and best terms for you.
There are many relevant factors involved in selecting the right New Jersey Realtor to work with you in purchasing your dream home. The following is a list of questions to help you get started in selecting the Realtor that is a perfect fit for you:
- How long have you been licensed?
- How much experience do you have in working with buyers in this area?
- How often will you communicate with me?
- How often will you take me out to view homes?
- How often can I expect to get a progress report?
You may also ask prospective Realtors what designations and awards they have earned and what professional associations they are members of. Finally, and most essentially, you should ask any Realtor with whom you are considering buying a home, for the names of at least three previous clients who can provide references for the Realtor. The best indicator that you will be satisfied with a Realtor’s work is that his or her previous clients have been satisfied.
People hope that finding their dream home will be a relatively quick and easy process that will culminate in a smooth and un-complicated purchase. Realistically, however, finding the perfect home, in the perfect neighborhood, at the perfect price, may prove a challenge. Further, purchasing that home is likely to be the greatest financial responsibility you will take on in your life, and it is one that may be fraught with significant financial and legal risks. Selecting an experienced, well-established Realtor will help make your house hunt more pleasant and manageable and will greatly mitigate the risks involved in purchasing a home.
Good luck and happy hunting !!!
Ruth Miron-Schleider, a long-time resident of Bergen County, has been a real estate broker for over 3 decades. She is the Owner and Managing Director of MIRON PROPERTIES. Ruth is a Certified Residential Specialist, an e-PRO Internet Professional and an Accredited Buyer Representative. She is a member of the Eastern Bergen Board of Realtors, National Association of Counselors, the Senior Advantage Real Estate Council, and the Graduate Realtor Institute.
Ruth has been the Recipient of Circle of Excellence Award every single year since 1999, and the recipient of Reader’s Choice #1 Real Estate Agent—2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.
For a complimentary consultation, call Ruth at MIRON PROPERTIES, 201.266.8555, or contact her via e-mail: Ruth@MironProperties.com.
Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed, subject to errors and omissions.
No parts of these articles may be reproduced in any form or by any means without written permission of the author.